Friday, July 27, 2012

Closing Early and a little FUN

Just a quick note to let you know I will be closing early 
tomorrow, Saturday, July 28th
at 1:00 PM
We are making a quick trip back to North Dakota for a wedding. Everything will be back to normal on Tuesday next week.

Now for the FUN. 
I had the chance to play for a bit with a friend and we decided to make some paper flowers. I showed her how I make the flowers I use a lot. But then the creative juices started flowing. You know...the what if I use this or try that. (I ADORE that part!!)
Using these 3 paper shaper punches
from  EK Success 

Ooops...and this one from Martha Stewart for the leaves

We made these cute little flowers




They were so fun to make. The best part was switching up which punches to layer and in what order, how much ink to add to the edges or the whole thing, what kind of center to put in them, glitter or no.
Each one is a little different. 
The top photo is the flowers that Colleen made and the bottom photo is mine. That photo is bad, but the large flower kind of in the center, it's supposed to be redish orange, it's actually adhered to that card that all the flowers are on. 

It just seemed to fit perfectly in that faded lacy doily printed on the paper, and the flower was made from the same line of paper, so it just went together.
I have to admit, I wasn't too keen on this paper from Bo Bunny's Little Miss line...but it made some really awesome flowers. And since the juices were still flowing with all that paper on the table and the flowers made....it inspired the start of a layout, too!
Another not so great photo, but you get the idea.

Here's a close up...

The die used for that strip of lighter striped paper is part of a Hexagon set from My Favorite Things.
There are a few left in the store if you are interested...and Chevrons, too!

I'm going to leave you with one more little embellishment I made this week when I was inspired by another customer.
I love butterflies, and love this one from Skipping Stones Designs. 
I stamped it with Archival Ink (solvent based) on watercolor paper. Then I used a Peeled Paint Distress Marker for the inside of the butterfly, and an OLD...I mean OLD Crayola marker. It was from when my kids were little...and my youngest will be 20 in a few months! It could barely scribble color onto my paper....but when I used a water brush on it, it blended great! I thought that was amazing!
You don't get the full effect of the Stickles glitter glue in the photo, but trust me, its super fun!

Have a great weekend everyone!!  I'll see you next week!
And don't forget to PLAY a little every day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment