Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Class Schedules

We've got classes coming up at the Playground! I hope you are as excited as I am!!
Take a look!

Colored Pencil blending with Gamsol

This class is being taught by the very talented Heather Engebretson. Heather is the brilliance behind the Skipping Stones Design stamps. This is an amazing technique. I had heard of it before, but had never tried it. When I finally gave it a try last week, it was like magic! The blending is so smooth and effortless, I could hardly believe my eyes! You are going to love using this technique to color all your stamped images! (I'm thinking I would love to try and make some fun backgrounds with this blending technique, too!)
Here are the 3 cards we will be making in this class:

and here are the close ups.




Class Details:

Date: Saturday, July 7th
Times: 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Cost: $12.50
Bring: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots

Email me at scrapandplay@rushmore.com to reserve your spot. (The store is closed until Friday this week, so I won't be there to take phone calls, email is your best bet)




Layout Class with Authentique's "Glory"

This is a really fun collection for the 4th of July, and I just adore the weight and feel of all of Authentique's papers.  So, when you are out and about during all of the Independence Day festivities, you can be planning what shots would look fabulous on this paper! 



I don't have photo's of the layouts quite yet, but as soon as I do, I will post them here for you!

Class Details

Date: Tuesday, July 10thTime: 6-9 PMCost: $22Bring: Paper Trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots.


Email me at scrapandplay@rushmore.com to reserve your spot. (The store is closed until Friday this week, so I won't be there to take phone calls, email is your best bet)



Beautiful Layered Cards

Check out these beautifully layered cards created by Kelly Straker!





I love the way Kelly can put so many beautiful layers and embellishments together and always end up with such a stunning card!
We are going to recreate these 3 great cards and maybe get some tips on how to put things together so they look great.

Class Details

Date: Saturday, July 14th
Time: 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Cost: $12.50
Bring: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots.

Email me at scrapandplay@rushmore.com to reserve your spot. (the store is closed until Friday this week, so I won't be there to take phone calls, email is your best bet)



I just want to share one more thing with you before I get back to my out-of-state visitors for the holiday.
This is something I am also excited about....

DUSTY ATTIC CHIPBOARD!

I love this stuff, I think it's beautiful and delicate. I love that there are so many ways to color and alter it. (I have misted, painted, embossed (both dry and heat), colored with markers, used stickles on it, painted with acrylic paint and then hit it with a heat gun to give it dimension...the ideas seem endless!) I know this isn't a very good photo, you will just have to stop in and see how cool this stuff is! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment