Monday, January 28, 2013

Love Story Layout Class & NEW markers

It's nearly February, and it's time to get back in the swing of things.

Anyone up for a Layout Class??

How about 4 quick layouts using Echo Park's Love Story line?
Here's what we will be doing:





Class Details
Date: February 5th (Tuesday)
Time: 6-9 pm
Cost: $15
Bring your scissors, paper trimmer, adhesive and pop dots!

Call 721-7529 or email scrapandplay (at) rushmore (dot) com to sign up.

Spectrum Noir alcohol markers are in!

I'm really excited to have these in the store! If you have ever wanted to dabble in coloring with alcohol based makers, this is a perfect opportunity!
These markers are similar to the Copic brand markers because they are refillable and the nibs are replaceable. The differences are that the Spectrum Noir  markers don't have as many colors to choose from, they have a bullet tip instead of a brush tip and there is a huge price difference.  A set of 6 Spectrum Noir markers are less than 2 of the other brand! Another thing I love about these markers is that the sets are all in the same color family...which is what you need for good blending and shading.
Stop in and check them out!

Play Time

I took a day to play. I was soooo in need of some play time after the holidays. I can feel it in my bones when I haven't had time to create something, and I was definitely due!


This page was inspired by paper that has been in the store for months. I look at it every day. It's the Miss Caroline collection from My Mind's Eye. For some reason that plaid was just yelling at me and showing me how well the other papers worked so well with it. So, off I went! Then I went digging in my photos. There seemed to be plenty that went well with the paper...but then I found this one. A North Dakota Sunset.  That's when the title came to me. "It's the little things that make life big" I love that quote and believe it's true. All those little things...like being inspired by that sunset enough to want to take a picture of it...like being inspired by paper I'd seen hundreds of times before...like taking the time to play in the middle of the day....all those little things together made a very big impact on me that day. And now I have a reminder of it. 

It's the little things....take time to enjoy them!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment