Thursday, January 17, 2013

All you need is love...

and some paper, and ink and bling and...ha ha ha!  I love them all! I also love getting new stuff in the store. Check out some of the new Valentine things that have come in.

Love Story from Echo Park:

Bright and fun and a bit on the WILD side. RAWR!!
A few leopard spots and zebra stripes mixed in with the traditional
red and pink, and the sass of black. Love it!

There's some fun things to go with the paper, too.

Authentique's Lovely:



I really love all of these papers...the keys, love letters, word search and the subtle heart patterns. And the last sheet with all the cut-outs...I see some really fun cards made from these!

BRAND NEW from Authentique is a Paper Crafting Kit....over 400 pieces in the kit!
(Which includes a 36 sheet 6"x6" paper pad)
You know, when I look at this kit, it takes me back to all those times my kids came home and said "Mom, I have to decorate a box for Valentine's at school", and we had to raid my supplies to come up with something. What I would have given to have something like this back then!
My  friend Kelly bought one of the kits and she said she made 70 cards from this kit!  She used her own card stock for the base, cut & punched shapes from the paper pad and used all the other fun pieces to put the cards together. Click HERE if you'd like to see what she did with this handy little pack.

Hero Arts:

I love these heart stamps...and the large heart die on the left cuts them out!! (oh how I LOVE that!)
There is another set of stamps that go with this die set....they are conversation hearts that go with the heart die on the bottom right, I believe....just waiting for them to arrive.


Look at this fancy heart die....so very pretty! 
I love that pattern. A friend and I (Hey Tammie!) were discussing how we could use it to dry emboss with, 
and then wondered if we could make a stamp by cutting fun foam with it???
It looks like it's begging for some bling, too!

Miscellaneous:

Ink of course....from Tattered Angels
Some great "Valentiney" colors to add to your projects. 
(personally, I think any of these colors misted over that word search page 
from Authentique would make a fabulous background for a Valentine layout)

There are also stickers and tabs and page kits, albums....and can you see those fun Tim Holtz stamps in the back there? (I thought I took a close-up of them, but must have messed something up because I can't find it)
I have had all kinds of ideas running through my head for those stamps. Inking up a tag with several bright colors, spritzing with water and then stamping the image in black. Or...spritzing white card stock with those pretty colors of Glimmer Mist and then stamping over them...Or..stamping the image in black, inking up the edges of the card stock to make it look "smoldery" (yes, I often make up my own words. I'm sure you've already noticed that) and after the smolder, I would love to add some BRIGHT color to the image with either markers or colored pencils. Oh man, I'm going to have to play tomorrow!!


Stop by and check it all out, see what I'm up to in the back room, bounce some ideas with me....it'll be fun...and you know I'm always happy to see you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment