Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Northridge Magazines and some FUN Ribbon

Yes! The January issues of of the magazines are here! As always, a ton of inspiration right at your fingertips.

Scrapbook Trends

Another great issue. The fabric ideas are great for those of you that are friends with a sewing machine. I, however,  have never made friends with any sewing machine. I manage to make an enemy within the first 5 minutes. Maybe that should be a goal for 2012...make friends with a sewing machine...any sewing machine??
One thing that really caught my eye in this issue was a mitten mini book.  The Bo Bunny Snowfall collection makes me think of mittens, and I think it's the perfect match for a mitten mini!


CARDS

I love the color inspiration in this issue. Their is a card that matches a stack of Oreo's...how fun is that?! Lots of Birthday card ideas, and don't we always needing new ideas for those? They have introduced a new article in CARDS....Inspiring Sketches. If ever you are stuck and don't know what to do...sketches are a wonderful starting point. Grab your favorite papers and embellishments and go to town! Easy, peasy.

CREATE

Ohhhh, they had me at "Vintage".  I love vintage looking things, and this issue covers it all...scrapbook pages, cards, mini albums, and home decor...all with that beautiful aged look. (I totally have my eye on the old wooden hanger project in this one.)

SIMPLY HANDMADE

Another reason to make friends with a sewing machine this year. So many fun things in this issue. So many things that caught my eye. A really fun clutch made from canvas/burlap, the cutest onesie with a sewn necklace that looks a lot like the circle garland that is part of the My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday collection, a great button necklace, a cup cozy and lots of card ideas and more.

CRICUT MAGAZINE

The first thing to stand out in this magazine was all the bright colors! It's a party for your eyes, for sure...and it almost seems impossible to see all that color and not feel happy.  Along with the rainbow of color, are some really fun projects. There are some little snowflake trees that are so adorable! Instructions to make a pop-up card, you could use that inspiration all year long with any images and/or die cuts.  There is also a card with a bird wearing a football helmet that cracks me up! Even if you don't get any inspiration from this one (which I highly doubt can happen), you should at least walk away with a smile on your face. :o)

Fabulous Ribbon
Check out this ribbon that arrived today! 

1 1/2 inch Black Sheer Ribbon Rosettes from May Arts

1 1/2 inch  Satin Pleat Ribbon in brown, ivory and burgundy.
I love the classy look of the rosette ribbon.  I also love the look of the pleated ribbon...and the big bonus? I don't have to sew it!! It's already done for me!  Pleats are just plain fun. 

That's all I have for now. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
 
(don't forget to LIKE the Playground on Facebook....you can click on the blue fabric f, up and over on the right of this page and it will take you there!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment