Thursday, March 28, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons....


 PLANT A TREE!

That is how one of my kids finished that phrase when he was young. It still makes me giggle. It's a good thing, because I needed a giggle or two this last month! There have been all kinds of crazy things going on but it looks like they are settling down, and I am extremely grateful for that.

First, I want to tell you the store will be
CLOSED
SATURDAY, MARCH 29TH
for the holiday weekend. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Card Class!!
I can't even remember all the things that got in the way of this class happening....but it IS happening!

We will be making these two cards in our next card class. Both are made using the Peel Off stickers from Elizabeth Craft Designs. The one on the left is done on watercolor paper using water based markers and water. The one on the right is done with an awesome technique using a Silk Microfine Glitter, double sided tape (both from Elizabeth Craft Designs) and colored with Spectrum Noir markers. These alcohol based markers blend like a DREAM on the glitter...made me feel like Picasso when I finished my first one! (and if you haven't checked out the amazing things Els does with her stickers and glitter...you really need to!! Amazing stuff. She has a Facebook page HERE - you don't have to be a member of Facebook to see her page)

Come learn a few new techniques, pick up a few tips and enjoy the company of people that love to play with paper, just like you.

Here are the details:
Date: Saturday, April 6th
Time: 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Cost: $10.00
You will need a paper trimmer and a scissors (there will be some fussy cutting, but nothing too fussy) some adhesive and pop dots. 
***If you have the Spectrum Noir Markers in the Reds, Greens and Turquoises you are encouraged to bring them for your own use.***

Space is limited, so please call or email to reserve your spot. (Contact information is at the top of the page)


Okay...remember the class we were going to have on March 19th using this Carta Bella Collection Pack?
Wellll....the paper didn't show up in time for class, so we had to reschedule it. 
The paper is finally here, and I have photos of the layouts and we are going to have a class!!
We would love to have you join us! One of the things I hear consistently is that you just don't have the time to play like you'd like. Why not take a few hours for yourself and get lost in some paper? 
Here are the photos of the layouts we will be doing and all the details will follow.





Carta Bella "Traditions" Class

Date: Tuesday, April 2nd
Time: 6-9 PM
Cost: $20

Space is limited so call or email to reserve your spot. (Contact information is at the top right of this page)

Bring a paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots.

NEW PAPER IN THE STORE!!!

Kaisercraft ELEGANCE
I love the bright and airy feel of this paper! 
Lotsa butterflies, and who doesn't like a pretty butterfly?
Some trendy feathers, too.
The "B" side of these papers are very subtle gold, silver and cream...perfect for wedding photos.
There are stickers, rub-ons, cut outs and stamps that coordinate.


French Country from Graphic 45


I just love the dark, rich colors that Graphic 45 uses. This line is no exception.  There are banners, pockets and flowers to match.

ALL ABOUT A BOY from Echo Park

My boys are all grown up, but that didn't keep me from daydreaming about scrapbook pages I wanted to make with this paper. It was sooo hard to stay focused and get this stuff priced and out on the floor without stopping to play and put some things together!! This paper is so bright and fun and so perfect for little boys!
The first thing that caught my eye was a sheet of paper with Yo-Yo's all over it. That sheet of paper made me think of a handsome young man that comes into the store with his mom and he is usually sporting a Yo-Yo in his hand...and he's slick as can be with that thing. He really needs to have his photo nestled into a page using this paper!
The second thing that caught my eye was this:


I remember the first time I saw this quote and how much I loved it because it was so right.  I still love this saying and I am pretty sure I have photo's of my boys that would do it justice. 

Third:
How cool is this journaling tag/flag/ thingie? You get to complete this using your own words and your own handwriting to document your feelings about that special little guy in your life. I LOVE this!

Yes, there's more:

Tell me you don't think this is fun. I love the words, I love the colored stars between the words and I love the numbers that make it look like scrabble tiles. LOVE! Cut out one word, several words, a word with a star on each side....or don't cut them...use the whole sheet as the background for a scrapbook page and circle your favorite words with a thick marker, or highlight them with a highlighter or....oh...I just think they are too fun!

Just one more:
This is a page of borders that are so fun...but look at those  spinner arrows. How fun is that?! Wouldn't they just make the coolest embellishment on a page? 
And you would absolutely need one of these to go with them:

This paper isn't my usual taste for scrapping, but it sure did get the creative juices going today. I only wish I would have had some time to play!

I need to take my own advice and Play A Little Every Day! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! I need to check my schedule and see if I work on the 6th I would LOVE to do the card class!! I have been dying to try alcohol based markers!!!
    BIG hugs!! ~R~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you can make it Rhonda....it would be fun to have you in class again!!
    And you are gonna LOVE the markers on that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so cool that you can use markers on glitter. I haven't tried it but it looks like something I would enjoy! Too bad I can't come to your class. I would if I didn't live so far away! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun (even without me there ...LOL)
    XOX

    ReplyDelete