Sunday, November 11, 2012

A little MERRY coming your way!

Hello!
Lots of fun stuff happening at the Playground! I can't wait to share it all with you!

First up....Ranger is releasing all of the Seasonal Distress colors in STAINS! Fun...very fun.  Now I will have an easy way to make the ribbon on all of my holiday cards/tags match!!

I have the new colors ordered and they "should" be here by the end of this week. The colors I'm most excited for is "gathered twigs" and "festive berries". I'm not sure why...I have fallen in love with these two colors lately.

There is also more Winter/Christmas papers coming in, Echo Park's Winter Wishes should be here this week..I'm hoping it's not back ordered again...and October Afternoon's Make It Merry line is on back order, but hopefully shipping soon! Here's a little sneak peak for you.

Love the swirls, stripes, snowflakes, purples and blue...it's all so wintery and frosty!


This line has a lot of retro fun to it...could make some really fun pages and projects!


One more thing before I get to the good stuff...

Altered Art & Scrap Playground will be closed Thanksgiving Day, and Black Friday

My kids from North Dakota will be here for the holiday, and my daughter is very....VERY....excited to do the Black Friday shopping thing. I'm not excited about the shopping, or how tired I'm gonna be. But, I am excited about spending time with my little girl (not so little any more, she'll be 20 in just a few short weeks) and watching her shop. She shops like a pro and can go like the energizer bunny. I'm hoping at least a little of her talent will rub off on me. Wish me luck!!

Okay....on to the fun stuff. 
I received a package this week from a friend that spent some time at the store this summer. The box was packed with inspiration. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it all!!  Check this out! (Thank you Colleen...you are a doll!!!)
Starting from the back left there is a large gift bag, a legal pad cover, a small gift bag, a small notebook cover, a candy bar holder, and a Hershey nugget holder.

And guess what the FUN part is for you? 

$1 Make & Takes for the next 5 Wednesdays at the Playground!!

Stop in any time on Wednesday and make one of these fun projects. Doors are open from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

We will be making 1 project a week...and this week we will be making this:

It's a great envelope/gift bag...check out the inside

So easy to make, but such a fun way to give a gift. These are great for the holidays, but can't you just see some fun designer papers on this, along with some big billowy ribbon, flowers or rosettes, chipboard die cuts, bling...oh...the ideas are endless!! Come down and make one, and then go home and make them all year long with all that paper you have!

Here is a quick list for you. (no need to call or email...just come on in when you have time)

5 Weeks of $1 Make & Takes

Nov. 14th - Small gift bag

Nov. 21st - Large gift bag

Nov. 28th - Legal pad cover

Dec. 5th - Small notepad cover

Dec. 12th - Candy bar cover & nugget holder


Class on Saturday!!
We will be having 3 classes on Saturday to make gift tags for your gift giving this season.
We will make 15 tags, 3 designs, 5 of each design. They are quick and easy to do, so if you need more, you can make them quickly. 
Here are what they will look like...and the details will be below.


Gift Tag Class
Date: Nov. 17th
Times: 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM, & 2:00 PM
Cost: $8.00
Bring: Just bring yourself and have some fun....this one's on me. :o)

Pick a time that works best for you and then call 721-7529 or email scrapandplay@rushmore.com to reserve a spot.


Tuesday Layout Class

The next layout class is using the Winter Fun collection pack from a new company called Carta Bella. Such fun colors and patterns. I love the blues and browns of cours, but then they added a rich dark red to the mix, and a dark teal...it all feels so comforting together. I love it!
Check out these layouts Chelsea put together:
Fabulous snowflake paper...and check out that
snowflake rosette!

Stripes, chevrons and look at the hexagons! I just
love these colors together.


Look at how amazing these colors go together.

Here's a detail shot of some of the fun on this page.

It's hard to see in this shot...but....

Chelsea used white tulle across the bottom of this page 
and it looks fantastic! So fun!

Class Details
Date: Tuesday, Nov. 20th
Time: 6-9 PM
Cost: $20
Bring: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots.

Call 721-7529 or email scrapandplay@rushmore.com to reserve your spot in class.

Whew, okay....that's all I have for now...but I have been playing like a crazy woman and have more in store for you...so stay tuned!!

Have a great week and I'll see you soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment