Saturday, March 3, 2012

What's happening at the Playground

This coming week we have a class, a make and take and a sale! Come Check it out!

Tuesday's Layout Class

There were a few cancellations for this class last time around, so we decided to reschedule.  I've re-posted the photos of the layouts so you don't have to go searching for them. We will be using the My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday "Happy Days" line of papers.
Really fun and playful...great for kids, sports, or parties.






Class Details:
Date: Tuesday, March 6th
Time: 6-9 p.m.
Cost: $15.00
Bring: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots

Call 721-7529 or email scrapandplay@rushmore.com to reserve your spot.


Make and Take
Come in Thursday, March 8th to put together this adorable mini layout using the new Miss Caroline collection from My Mind's Eye.
This mini page is 6x6, using elements from the "Dolled Up" line from this collection. Bring a 3x4 photo to put on your layout if you have one you would like to use. This is a great way to see this great line of paper in action. 
Use the layout you make to start a mini album, or as the cover as an album...or mat it and put it on your 12x12 paper.



**kits are limited...we will play till it's gone!**

*~*~*~*Sale*~*~*~*
Since March is National Craft Month, the Playground is going to have a sale each week of the month to help you celebrate!
From March 6th -10th come in and get 15% OFF all solid color card stock. Stock up for all those crafty projects you have in mind!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Quick Card share

I wanted to share a couple cards I made. They are quick and easy, but I don't think they look that way. 

  1. Stamp a script/ print or small pattern stamp using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink on white card stock 
  2. Using a bold image stamp, ink it up with Versamark Watermark Ink. Just stamping the top and bottom third of the card. 
  3. Cover with clear embossing powder and heat.
  4. "Smoosh" some Wild Honey Distress Ink over the embossed area.
  5. Stamp a sentiment in the center. I used Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
  6. Add this to a card base and you are done!
**when I do my "smooshing" I use a circular motion to add my ink using Ranger's Blending Foam. When I am covering larger areas (not just the edge) I use a firm pressure and use the whole blending foam surface). I apply several layers of color when I want a bold look. I really wanted the embossed image to stand out, so I went over it at least 3 times with the Wild Honey Distress Ink, but not going all the way to the center of the card so it would have a bit of a halo effect.**

Here is another:


This was made very similar to the last one...but even easier! I used patterned paper instead of stamping my own background. All the other steps are exactly the same. To give this a little more "aged" feel, after I heated the embossing powder I bent the card stock in a few places to make it crack. Then I applied Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink over the embossing. The cracks really soaked up the ink, which made them stand out a bit more. 

Give it a try, you can have a great card in just a few minutes. You can rub an ink pad across your cheek, glue some paper to your shoulder and walk out with your masterpiece that everyone will think you had to spend hours creating!

Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to PLAY!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW, those cards are AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Great ideas for easy and elegant - and I bet they are fun to make, too! (I will try them today!!)

    XOX

    ReplyDelete