Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kraft Funday Layout Class and WHAT'S NEW

Tuesday's layout class

My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday "Happy Days" is such a fun line of paper! Take a look at the playful pages we will be making in Tuesday's class.





These pages are soooo  much cooler in person. I wish each and every one of you could see them up close and see the fun oozing from them!
Here are the details if you want to join us for class:
My Mind's Eye Happy Days Class
Date: Tuesday, February 21st
Time: 6-9 P.M.
Cost: $15.00
Bring: Paper trimmer, scissors, adhesive and pop dots.
Call 721-7529 or email scrapandplay@rushmore.com to save your spot.

WHAT'S NEW
Hero Art's Stamp and Framelit sets
I love the way the dies cut the image so perfectly. They have been really fun to play with. If fussy-cutting isn't your thing, these are great! There are several sets to choose from.

Impression Obsession Cover a Card stamps
I am so excited about these stamps! They are huge (5.75" x 5.75") and they can cover an entire card front...even at a diagonal! 

When you are searching for that perfect background for your card...you can use these stamps to customize it  just the way you want. 
Want a subtle background....tone on tone..
Aqua card stock stamped with Broken China Distress Ink
Or maybe a little more dramatic...
Aqua card stock stamped with black ink
Need some color....

White card stock stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Colored with  Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, and Broken China Distress inks. (really bad photo...sorry)
Or not.....
White card stock stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink

Maybe you want to get wild and emboss it....

Black card stock embossed with silver pearl embossing powder
These stamps are so versatile, and I am totally in love with them!  I think they would be great for scrapbooking, too. Since they measure just under 6 inches, you would be able to use 4 of these on a scrapbook page with just a little border around them for a great patterned color blocking effect. Or just 2 of them in opposite corners and have solid card stock showing on the rest of the page. 
I love the versatility of these stamps....over the moon excited!

If you are worried about how to stamp with such a big honkin' stamp, they have a huge stamping block that is curved with a handle to help you get the best impression possible. Super Smart. I always have trouble getting the middle of a large image to stamp, but with the curved block, you always get a great impression. I'm excited about this block, too...I have a lot of big stamps I haven't used in a long time because I couldn't get a decent impression from them...Fuuuun!!! I plan on pulling some of those out and playing with them again. 

Here are a couple cards I have made using the cover a card stamps and rocker block.

I used the Hero Arts Stamps and Framelits on this one.
(Look at those perfect cuts!)



Goosebumps
Okay, one last thing I'm excited about. Goosebumps are a texture spray from Tsukeniko. I love texture, it always intrigues me. This spray adds some really fun texture to whatever you are working on. You can use it on paper, glass, acrylic, canvas and probably a lot more. Spray it on, let it dry (or hit it with the heat gun if you don't want to wait) then add some color with inks or sprays or whatever you want to use to add some interest and dimension. You end up with a great pebbly texture...so fun!!  


I've got the regular (glossy) and matte Goosebumps in stock right now...grab some quick before they are gone. Last week they were gone the same day they came in, and I didn't even get to post about them!



That's it this time 'round. I have lots of stuff ordered, just waiting for it to arrive...I will let you know as soon as it gets here, so keep watching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment