Thursday, January 12, 2012

Basic Grey Kissing Booth

There is a new paper line at the Playground.

It's Basic Grey's KISSING BOOTH. It's a wonderful combination of creams, pinks, and browns. Very lovely. (I'm a big fan of this color combination)






There are some great embellishments that go with this line...brads, buttons, borders, stickers, canvas and paper elements and 6 x 6 paper pads! Too fun!
Basic Grey was my very first love in the world of scrapbook paper, back when I was still determined to be just a card maker. That was before Bo Bunny and My Mind's Eye came along and stole my heart. I fell in love with the texture and patterns and that grungy look. They still do grunge very well and this line proves it.


Also here at the Playground is Tissue Wrap from the Tim Holtz District Market collection. I love anything printed or with music on it. This stuff made my brains spin for quite a while thinking of all the things I could do with it. I'm thinking Distress Ink, Distress Stains, Glimmer Mist, Crackle paint...oh my...such creative goodness waiting to happen with this stuff!!! (I think I am going to be covering a picture frame with this and using Distress Stains to color it. YUM!)




More Smash stuff! Yes, another shipment is in and this time the Mini Smash Folio was added to the mix. Bad thing for me....I finally got a SMASH book of my own...and now that I see the Mini...I want that one, too!! It's smaller (5.5 x 7.5), so it will fit in my purse and I could take it with me wherever I go. It also has wire binding...I can't explain it, but I really enjoy wire binding. :o) 



I'm trying out some new adhesives. Scotch has a Quick Dry adhesive that is acid free, washes up with soap and water, and can be used on paper, metal and plastic. I smeared some all over my fingers and then washed it off...and it comes off! (the Glossy Accents I have been using on everything stayed with me for days. LOL)  They also say that it won't bleed through paper and is made with a "low wrinkle formula". I like the sound of that. 


I have been looking for a repositionable tape for when I am using the Spellbinder's dies on stamped phrases or images. It's really hard to keep the die and image straight unless you have it held down somehow. I tried this stencil tape from Plaid, and it seems to work great! I cut a shape using the tape to hold the die in place, and it peeled right off, no sticking or tearing the paper or the pattern on the paper. Then I decided to use the embossing mat to emboss the Spellbinder's die. Well, I broke my Cuttlebug  :-O , but the tape worked wonderfully!! No sticking or tearing of the paper. It should last a long time, and it is really reasonably priced. 
I also think it would be great to use on the back of your rosettes to give them stability. 
It's not real pretty...but it does work well!


That's all for now. Keep watching for more new stuff and for upcoming classes!

Take care and stay warm!





0 comments:

Post a Comment